CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Women's Conference

I always look forward to Women's Conference. We try to get together with the "women" in our family, sorry this isn't the best picture. Janice (Brad's mom) My great-great-aunt Jessie (Grandma Donkey's sister) Grandma Pat, My mom, Grandma Donkey and me.
I really liked what was said at the conference about creating things. I have felt so fulfilled lately being a mom and really creating a home. I love that I am able to help Anna create herself and teach her things. I am also grateful to be able to do all the little things like creating dinner and a clean house. Here are a couple things I "created" lately.
I didn't want to spend the money to buy flowers so I cut some from the front yard and made a couple of arrangements. I like how they looked, but I think there is a reason you don't usually see marigolds in an arrangement like this... they kind of stink.
I also made some baby slings for my friends that are expecting little ones in the next few months. Anna thought it was so fun to pretend to be a baby when I put her in it. I ended up having some extra fabric so I made a miniature one for Anna to put her dolls in.

2 comments:

Rachael and Justin said...

I love those baby slings you made! I wish I could have gone to women's conference with you guys.

Debbie and Gary said...

Womens conference was wonderful! I am always so happy to be with all of these special women that we look up to so much. I wish that Heather and Rachael could have been with us. Also Michelle, Jennifer and her daughters in law. I love your floral arrangements. You are such a cute homemaker. I love seeing all the new things you try. The slings turned out so cute. I got such a kick out of Anna in one. She is so funny how she pretends to be a baby. She is a fun little girl.