CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 12, 2008

$ The State Fair $ (this is a long one, sorry)

Brad and Anna took me to the State Fair for my birthday on Tuesday. We had so much fun. I guess you know you are a mom when seeing your child have fun is more fun than any fun you could have on your own.
Anna loved watching the kids fish in this little pond

Watching the ponies

Loving the ponies

Not quite sure about the goats

Watching the silly goat eat the chain

Petting the goats ear (getting a little braver)

Peeking at the Piggies

Pile of Piglets

Checking out the sheep

What kind of an outfit is that?

watching the cows


I loved this hat. It is just like the hats they sold in Ecuador and was supposedly handmade there. Anna really liked it at first. She kept saying "hat, hat" I was sad we didn't get it for her.


I made Brad let me take this picture. It was kind of awkward because there were little kids waiting to have a turn so he could get his picture taken.


"chickens!"


I love this smile!


This was so fun. This is the "Hands on the Farm" exhibit. They let the kids get an apron and a basket and get some grain to feed the "cow"

then they get to "milk" the cow and pick up a little thing of milk


then they picked an apple to put in their basket


Anna was in apple heaven...
they also planted a seed and picked a vegetable and got some wool from a sheep

and picked up an egg from the chickens and took everything to sell it. They got a
"dollar" for the things they produced and were able to buy something at the "store"
Anna got a real apple and munched on it in the car on the way home. It was such a good birthday thanks to my sweet family.

4 comments:

Debbie and Gary said...

I love it. Anna is such a sweet fun little girl. I am glad that your family had fun. That is the best birthday. I'm glad you took pictures so we could see how much fun she had at the hands on exhibit. What a great idea for kids.

Rachael and Justin said...

The State Fair looked so fun! I'm glad you had a nice birthday! Anna's looking so cute. She's got a mouthful of teeth.

Rochelle Brunson said...

How fun! I have to admit I am a little jealous of all the fun things you guys get to do. I miss hanging out with you guys during tuesday night band practices!

Rock said...

Your Anna is so cute! By the way, I know how to make the hat Anna tried on, if you're interested... ;)